Green Flag Award is a non profit international accreditation program that recognises and rewards well managed public parks and green spaces. Originating in England in 1996, today the Green Flag Award flies above more than 2,300 places in over 15 countries around the world managed through an expanding network of national partner organisations.
At the 2020 World Parks Congress we launched the Parks and Green Spaces Resources Hub a comprehensive library f FREE, high quality content, curated from all over the world: www.greenflagaward.org/
Building on this legacy of sharing knowledge and best practice, and coinciding with the 25 th Year anniversary of the Green Flag Award we’re proud to host the Knowledge Day at the World Parks Congress on December 9.
We’re programming a day of exciting an innovative speakers from all over the world on topics such as:
- Diversity and inclusion in parks provision and access
- The Parkberaad (Park Council) An equal community power share model for public parks
- Renewable energy from parks on an achievable scale
- Tree Selection for a Changing Climate
- Political influence through park Management Plans
We look forward to welcoming you!